Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I wish I wrote more in here, especially with the start of all these new things, but just haven't found the time or the motivation. Basically med school is a trip. It's a sometimes bumpy sometimes smooth sometimes blast the radio on the open road fun sometimes get so nauseous I need to pull over and throw up bad and always so much traffic and too much distance to travel to pull over and pee busy trip. I need to get a peeshe. There's a lot to learn and a lot to do and that's why I think there should be another year. I mean being in another year of this sounds like it could be horrible, but I don't think it would be. I think if we had the time to learn and internalize what we're reading instead of just crazy insane last minute memorizing the last 30 lectures worth of material, it might actually benefit us in the future. Just saying. It is kind of weird for me to go to such a small school and have only 3 buildings that you always go between. It reminds me of high school in that way but obviously it's not. I am definitely surprised by the amount of douche bags though. What's that all about? I also miss that I can't really walk anywhere. I mean I could but town is like a mile away (which is nothing) but that takes up too much time and then I'm doomed forever!! I just hate being so dependent on my car. I had a crazy dream about driving in the rain and my gas was really low and all these alarms started going off and my car shutdown. I always do let the gas get really low until I absolutely have to fill it up again. That shit is expensive! I need to do that today.... Our home makes me happy because it's ours but all its other issues do not. I still am not understanding how it can be freezing to the point and needing to wear 4 layers of clothes inside and it be the most pleasant day outside. What is going on there? I am so scared for winter. I am never leaving the house. I wish I had more time to spend with M but we do what we can and I'm thankful that she's sticking around. This all sounds like a whiny post, which is what blogs are for, aren't they? But I should say that I am extremely happy to be where I am and learning all these things. Like for example when I was listening to something on the radio and they were talking about all these diseases and their mechanisms etc, I knew exactly what they were talking about and that was a cool moment. I liked M's idea of having a "it's get better" campaign for med students. Also it's fall. My favorite season. Pumpkin everything (especially beer and donuts and coffee), pretty leaves, candy corn, apple cider, comfy sweatshirts, and just the general smell and feel. I love you fall, you make me feel like I can do anything. <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment