Monday, April 6, 2009

Sopping Wet

Geez. Thank heavens we are not made of sugar. Rain isn't so bad. It's actually kind of nice. Plus, I'm an Aquarius, the Water Bearer, so I should like this stuff. Right?

It's funny to see how empty it gets outside when it rains. I suppose people don't like to be wet. But it really brings out those tough enough. Or at least those who have to get somewhere. I like riding on my bike though in the rain, even if my butt gets completely soaked down to my unmentionables and my hands become unbearably numb. I like to ride past other bikers and I like to think that we're thinking the same thing and if people weren't so strange we could say something in passing like "Oh man. It's sure is raining cats out here." I guess people don't really talk like that so maybe something like "At least we don't have to walk."

I like when the rain accumulates slowly into my shoes and I can feel it fill up with water like the Titanic. And my pants get heavier and colder as I ride. And it's only a mystery to see what I find salvagable in my book bag once I get home.

I'm annoyed with how much people care about "the Sox". I mean I guess it is kind of a cool thing that so many people can be united by one love, but it's like honestly, who cares if it rained today and they couldn't play and you couldn't go to the bar and watch it on tv? I guess I just don't understand the novelty of it. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment