Thursday, May 7, 2009

Anymore

I know I have my faults, but what is making this easier is realizing yours. You didn't want the curtains to let in the morning light, and I did. You didn't get excited by the live concerts and shows, and I did. You didn't want to go on walks towards the sunsets, and I did. You didn't care about the subtle sweet things, and I did. You didn't realize how much beauty there was around us, and I did. You didn't even want to be together in the first place, and I did.  And I know you didn't want us to stop talking, but I did. But I didn't want to be let go of, and you did.  

So here we are. 

I'm shedding everything and doing the best I can inch by inch; the winter was long and I just have a lot of layers to get through down to my skin and bones, and tissues and organs. You've taken a lot out of me, but my vessels are still intact, my blood is still flowing, and my cells are still multiplying. I'm still alive. 

2 comments:

  1. i want you to write a book. you have such a great, unique way with words to convey just the right emotions.

    i'm glad you started blogging :)

    and also, chin up buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al. I'm glad you encouraged me to start too. It's good for my soul. I'll only write a book if it has pics in it taken by you :)

    ReplyDelete